A position of university lecturer in Persian language is available at the Department of Culture Studies and Oriental Languages, University of Oslo.
The main teaching responsibilities of the university lecturer will be within Persian language. The person employed must have experience with teaching at Bachelor level, preferably also at Master’s level. She/he will teach Persian courses at BA level and will be responsible for examinations. Teaching includes practical language (grammar, pronunciation, vocabulary etc.), as well as exercises and testing. Preparation of course materials and glossaries is also part of the duties.
The vacancy is a teaching position, with 75 % teaching and dissemination work, 19 % academic development work, and 6 % administration. The teaching will normally be at bachelor level. Within the normal duties and academic competence, the person appointed may also be directed to work outside his/her department. The appointment is made on condition that changes to the subject area and tasks may be determined by the employer.
- Master’s degree or equivalent academic qualifications with a specialization in Persian language
- Applicants should be a native speaker of Persian or have near native competence in Persian
- Applicants should be able to teach in a Scandinavian language or in English
- pedagogical qualifications and practice, mainly from universities or higher education institutions, see How to document your pedagogical skills
In the evaluation of the applicants, emphasis will be placed on:
- experience in producing text books, compilations and lecture notes or experience in internet based teaching/flexible learning
- good teamwork skills and experience
- professional competency and publication in the field
- Personal suitability and motivation for the position
The successful candidate who at the time of appointment cannot document basic teaching qualifications will be required to obtain such qualifications within a two year period.
Courses are mainly taught in Norwegian. If an appointee is not fluent in a Scandinavian language, the appointee will be expected within a two-year period to learn sufficient Norwegian to be able to participate actively in all functions the position may involve.
- Annual salary level as university lecturer NOK 451 300 – 537 700 (depending on level of expertise)
- Annual salary level as senior lecturer NOK 517 700 – 600 200 (requires a PhD or equivalent)
- A professionally stimulating working environment
- Pension agreement with Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund
- Attractive welfare benefits
- The possibility to apply for promotion to senior lecturer and docent at a later stage
Applicants must submit the following attachments with the electronic application, preferably in pdf format:
- letter of application describing qualifications
- Curriculum Vitae
- list of publications, if applicable
Please note that all documents must be in English or a Scandinavian language.
Diplomas, certificates and other documentation will be requested later.
An interview and a trial lecture will be part of the assessment process.
Following the Freedom of Information Act (Offentleglova) § 25, Chapter 2, information about the applicant may be used in the public list of applicants even if the applicant opts out from the entry in the public application list.
The University of Oslo has an Acquisition of Rights Agreement for the purpose of securing rights to intellectual property created by its employees, including research results.
The University of Oslo aims to achieve a balanced gender composition in the workforce and to recruit people with ethnic minority backgrounds.
Application deadline: January 8th, 2018